Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Paleo Gods Were Angered

It's been a little quite around these parts for a few days - don't worry, I'll get my steam back.... Unfortunately we angered the Paleo Gods on Friday night, and I haven't been able to even think about food since.

In the spirit of full disclosure, here's what went down. Mr. Buck and I decided to go out for a bit of a cheat meal on Friday night. We dropped in to one of our favorite mexican restaurants and endulged in tortilla chips & salsa followed by a burrito for Mr. Buck & Tortilla Chicken Soup for me. It was delicious, but as soon as we got back to the house I knew I was feeling "off". I thought it was just my stomach giving me a gentle reminder that I'd been bad, and that I could sleep it off and be better the next day.

I'll spare you the details, but both Mr. Buck and I came down with a pretty wicked case of food poisoning. Saturday & Sunday were spent on the couch (when not in the bathroom) and the only foods either of us were able to stomach has been salines, plain white toast, ginger ale, gatorade & finally on Sunday night some Mac & Cheese (yep, the stuff from the box). The thought of anything resembling meat, or consisting of a taste or texture other than carby & absorbant made me clutch my stomach & shed a silent tear. So, we resorted to the most forbidden of Paleo foods to get us through this hell.

But, I'm happy to report that we're finally getting back on track. We had our first WOD this evening & felt the pain of poor eating (not enough, and not the right stuff). Mr. Buck is currently grilling up a pork tenderloin & some veggies, so we'll see if I'll be able to choke that down. If so, we'll be back up and running and I promise to come back with some fun Paleo recipes soon.

P.S. While I was out - has anyone seen the amazing Carrot Cake that the Food Lovers posted?

It's on my must make ASAP list - and probably should be on yours too! (Note: this is not fully paleo/primal as Mr. Buck & I try to follow the plan, but it's fairly close and a good recipe to have on hand for a special occasion - and no, Tuesday night does not generally qualify as a special occasion).

No comments:

Post a Comment