Saturday, July 9, 2011

What I ate: 7/8/2011: Paleo Challenge Day 13

Today I came across this carbohydrate chart and am going to experiment with staying under 100 grams of carbs per day to see if that helps boost the fat-loss. I've been reaching for lots of fruit since being sick this week, and I think that has stagnated my progress. Meat and veggies here I come! (P.S. I would highly recommend checking out the post "When Eating Healthy is Making You Fat", the story on that post really resonated with me.)

image c/o: Mark's Daily Apple: "When Eating Healthy is Making You Fat"

I love tracking my food this way (when I can stick with it) because it really gives me a visual on even more than just what I'm eating, but also carb/fat/protein breakdowns, time of day eating, and makes me think about tracking & posting my food here for anyone to see before I cheat!

Loseit.com (the program I'm using to track my food and grab these pictures of my day) also gives me this handy little chart to show my nutrient breakdowns. I'll be using this more to help me hit that <100g Carbohydrate goal as well. As you can see, I barely squeaked by on that goal today.




1 comment:

  1. Interesting. You know I saw something on the Today Show a few weeks ago where a dietitian was on saying that you can in fact eat too much fruit. She said she hates saying that, but it had to do with the sugars and carbs and that veggies are a better go-to snack.

    ReplyDelete