Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Plan - Paleo and Not

Image c/o: Craftily Ever After
This year for thanksgiving we are hosting both sides of our family at our house...9 people total. I love hosting at our place so we don't have to split our time between two families (and I have a bit more control over what we eat).

Here's my plan:
Appetizer: Smoked Salmon
Appetizer: Deviled Eggs
Appetizer: Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
Turkey
Paleo dressing 
Rutabaga
Brussels Sprouts
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Cranberry Sauce
Paleo Pumpkin Pie

Now, I will admit there will be non-paleo food on our table to appease everyone's Thanksgiving traditions, but my plan is to stick to the paleo options as much as possible (though wine will be a necessary indulgence!)

We'll also be tempted by:
Ham - a decent option but will be glazed with sugar I'm sure
Homemade bread
Mashed potatoes
Gravy (corn starch thickener)
Traditional pumpkin pie with cool whip
And the hardest part for me, my moms traditional stuffing.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment